Living with Bipolar and Depression

HOPE AND HELP FOR PEOPLE WITH BIPOLAR OR DEPRESSION AND THEIR SUPPORTERS

Forums

Forum Home > Understanding Bipolar > Why can't I overcome "I just don't feel like it"

Crazygirl

So I've been going through a very long depressive episode (we've moved from South Africa to Kuwait, we are just clawing our way out of a financial abyss caused by 6 months of being unemployed - both my husband and I) - and I don't work in Kuwait. I am at home in my apartment most of the time, but I am actually very happy on my own in the apartment with my kitty while husband is at work.

This is the problem that I need help with. I just don't "feel" like doing anything. I think about making myself a  nice breakfast or lunch, but can only get as far as thinking about it. I'll end up pouring a glass of cold drink or making coffee (also requires superhuman effort), instead. Am I just dead lazy? Or is this a bipolar/depression thing? I find it so hard to believe that it is not just laziness stopping me from getting up - but I just really couldn't be bothered.

The most I do during the day to feed myself is make myself some toast with anchovy spread. That's about all I eat - and I don't cook for my husband cause he eats a full meal at work.

Any suggestions? (And I assume I'll not get any "pull yourself together" suggestions.... :-)

Looking forward to any/all advice

Crazygirl

January 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.